Sunday, November 26, 2006

Yippee... the holidays are here!





I love this time of year. Thanksgiving is the kick-off to the holidays and I just love it. I only wish we lived somewhere that we could have a white Christmas (maybe next time we move???). We had a very nice Thanksgiving. We, along with our second family, the Parker's, went to Steve's folk's up in Arkansas . On Thanksgiving day we went to Aunt Kay's and ate more than anyone could have possibly needed. It was wonderful to spend the day with our family and to give thanks for all of our blessings (and we have so many). The "boys" brought their 4-wheelers and we all took turns riding around. We had such a good time.

Friday, we took Blake to meet his mom and we got to see Dylan. Abby and Jacob were SO excited to see Dylan. Dylan, Jillian (Travis' daughter), Travis and Steve played football while Kara, the kids and I looked on. Later, the guys and Jillian went to see the new James Bond movie. Blake's mom took him to see the Arkansas/LSU game. Unfortunately, the hogs lost, but Blake still had a nice time. The downside to our trip is that the majority of our family caught some sort of stomach flu... not much fun. Luckily, Abby and Jacob managed to stay healthy (so far).

Happy Holidays to everyone! Please keep the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines serving in Iraq and around the world in your thoughts and prayers. -

1 comment:

Heather said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!

Looks like you had a great time in Arkansas with the family.
I am glad to see you so happy.

Love,
Jim