Abby had her 2nd appointment at the allergies on 1 Nov. It turns out she is allergic to peanuts (which we knew), milk, soy, wheat, orange, malt, corn and eggs. She also is allergic to molds, dust mites, dogs and cats. She came up positive for everything that was tested. I am sure if she were to be tested for more foods she would come up positive to those foods as well. However, right now I am dealing with how we are going to avoid all of these foods. I will have to meet with the dietician on base and figure out where she will get all of her nutrients. The biggest challenge will be the daycare and eating out. I have joined an online support group called Kids with Food Allergies kidswithfoodallergies.org/index.php. I have also been reading books to see what I can use to substitute wheat flour, milk (since we can use soy, etc.). I nearly had a nervous breakdown yesterday while trying to grocery shop.
Yesterday Kara and I went to Christmas Magic, a big bazaar held by the Women's Junior League. Steve stayed home with the kids and they went outside and had a great time playing basketball, riding bikes and sitting on the 4-wheelers. Today, Blake and Steve are going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch football. Abby, Jacob and I will clean the house. Right now, Steve is showing Jacob the hair clippers because he NEEDS a haircut and is scared of the clippers. He is cutting his teddy bear's hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment