
This week was a tough one for me. I have experimented and experimented with various allergen-free recipes for Abby and really most of them have been yucky. Yesterday, I went to the local natural food store and bought $30 of various flours (rice, potato, garbanzo, tapioca) and starches. Last night I made a chocolate cake and let me say it was like chewing on a chocolate sponge. I will keep trying out recipes until I get them right. Abby, Jacob and I made oatmeal-banana cookies tonight. They are not too bad. I think we can get used to them for sure. Abby was sad tonight because we all had Subway for dinner and she had to settle for a baked potato. She kept asking for a sandwich. So, my next adventure will be making some allergen-free bread so she can have a sandwich.
Blake, Steve and Travis went 4-wheeling today at a place called Red River ATV park. It's about an hour and a half from here. They enjoyed themselves and were surprised to see there were lots of nice fall colored trees along the way. Blake said it did not even seem like Texas. I stayed home with the kiddos. We did some puzzles, read books and cleaned.
Tonight, Blake lit the chiminea, had s'mores and watched the Arkansas game. I bought some "safe" logs so he could roast the marshmallows. We are enjoying the cooler weather as we had temps up in the high 80's over the last week.
Happy Veteran's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment