
Last night Jacob was riding around on his motorcycle and he looked up at me and Steve and said "I'm gonna get gas." He then stopped his motorcycle in front of the oven, got off, and pretended to fill his motorcycle. Steve and I could not stop laughing. He proceeded to drive around the house and fill up his motorcycle over and over again. He was even kind enough to fill up his sister's princess bike. He has been doing a lot of riding in the car lately, so I think he wants to imitate mom and dad getting gas. Yesterday, while we were driving back from Oklahoma, he said "Be careful, Daddy" as Steve was passing a truck on the highway... too cute!!!
Abby never had the "terrible two's" but is currently undergoing the "traumatic three's" (traumatic for her parents, ha ha). She says she is the mama and continuously tells us not to tell her what to do. We are working with her about not crying every time she does not get her way. We are making a little bit of progress on that. She is, however, a very good big sister to Jacob and is always checking on him to make sure he is ok. She will look at me and say "I'll be right back Mama, I am going to check on Jacob." It is precious!
We picked Blake and Dylan up yesterday. We met Meemaw and Grandpa in Oklahoma, had lunch at the Cracker Barrel and headed home. Abby and Jacob spent the evening in wonderful spirits playing games with their big brothers. The four of them really enjoyed hanging out together. I know Abby and Jacob will really miss them over the summer and will be a bit confused when Dylan does not return.
Steve and I are doing well, I go back to work tomorrow after two weeks of relaxing leave. I am not looking forward to that. I could very much get used to not going to work everyday... just six and a half more years 'til retirement :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment