As most of you know, Blake and Dylan left this morning to go to their mom's in South Carolina. Dylan will be staying with Traci and Blake will return after summer. We spent most of last night packing and Dylan would have crated up his room and taken it with him if he could have. Steve took them to the Wichita Falls airport bright and early this morning to catch a 7:00 flight. Abby, Jacob and I got ready and rushed to get there so they could tell their big brothers good-bye. By the time we arrived, they were already back in the waiting area. I asked the security guard to have them come to the window so Abby and Jacob could see them. They waved and watched them until they were on the plane. Once they were on the plane we waited until take-off. While we were waiting, Abby wondered why the airline workers were wearing gloves. I gave her a typical mommy answer like "So, they can work on the plane." A few minutes later Abby looked up at me and said "MOMMY... I know why they are wearing gloves. They think they work at the dentist." It was so funny!!! Both Abby and Jacob enjoyed watching the airplane and Jacob was shaking as he watched the propellers start.
We sure will miss Blake and Dylan, but know they are going to have a super summer in South Carolina. They are going to Disney World and Busch Gardens. Blake has a school trip to NYC. They are doing more this summer than some kids ever do. Steve and I have tried to make sure they know how lucky they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment