Time is just flying by and I can't believe that Abby will be six next week and Dylan fourteen. I really can't remember everything that has gone on over the last month, but we've been super busy. I met with Abby's teacher the other day to get her report card. She is doing very well in Kindergarten. Jacob is doing great in pre-K, too! Both of them love to rhyme and play "Raise your hand if you know what word starts with the letter ___!" It is so fun to watch them grow and learn. Jacob is always coming up with new phrases that crack us up. Unfortunately, Princess Abby has gotten into a little trouble with forgetting her "listening ears" and has had her birthday party taken away. Steve and I hated to do that, but she has to learn to be a good listener and follow our directions.
Last Monday we took Abby & Jacob to the Georgia National Fair. They had fun riding the rides and looking at the animals. They loved holding the baby chicks that had only been hatched two days prior. Even Princess held one which shocked us. I forgot my camera (go figure). Wednesday Patrick, Blake's step-dad, drove down here and picked Blake up so he could spend some of his fall break in S.C. That night Steve and I had a luau to go to for our Commander who is leaving for Hawaii. So, Abby & Jacob had their first evening baby sitter who was not in our family. They had a great time and we think we will use her again.
Steve, Abby, Jacob & I headed up to S.C. for the weekend so we could spend some time with Dylan before his birthday. Saturday we hung out and watched "Iron Man" and swam in the pool at the hotel. Sunday we went to Frankie's Fun Park and the kids had a blast. The highlight of the day for Abby & Jacob was they got to drive their own go-karts (See the video below). They did great. At the end Abby crashed into the parked go-karts when it was time to park and Jacob went past the parking area and was yelling "How do you stop this thing?" It was very funny.
After Frankie's we went to Traci and Patrick's and celebrated Dylan's birthday (and Abby's too). Abby loves seeing Logan and Hampton and Jacob really loves the dogs! Then, we picked up Blake and headed home. It was great to be able to live close enough to spend some time with Dylan.
No comments:
Post a Comment