Princess Abby with her tooth pillow made by Grandma!
Abby showing off her "lost" tooth!
Blake will probably kill me for posting this, but he looks so serious, I love this picture!
Blake is doing well. As I've mentioned before he has a ton of homework and we feel terrible for him because it takes up all of his free time. He has joined the Spanish Club, the National Senior Beta Club and one other club that the name escapes me. The Beta Club will be really good for him and it will help him become active in the community. We are very proud of him.
Two weeks ago we had about seven days straight of rain. The last day included a small tornado (which of course I was freaked out) but luckily everyone was ok. The rest of the days it just rained and rained and rained. It rained those big, fat, splashing raindrops and there wasn't any thunder or lightning so Blake took Abby & Jacob out to play in the rain. They both wore one of his t-shirts and played so long the shirts were stretched out. They had a blast!


A typical Jacob face!Jacob's favorite new thing to do is the laundry. The other night I was working on my homework and here he comes through the living room taking all of Blake's dry clothes to Blake's room. It was very funny. He sure comes up with some funny stuff. He really is crazy. His favorite thing to do is scream and throw things (not fun). He is doing very well in school and has been learning a lot of new things. Friday they had a "Hollywood" party at school where the kids dressed up as a make believe character to reinforce the lesson they had learned about the difference between reality and pretend. Jacob was a pirate and had a great time.
Abby loves Kindergarten. Her teachers are awesome with her food allergies and I appreciate that so much. The other day she brought home a picture of a beautiful purple flower which she made at school by putting paint on the paper, folding it and pushing down on the paper. She asked me if I knew what kind of shape it was and I told her a flower. "No," she says "it is an organic shape." "What is an organic shape?" I ask. "A shape that is not like a circle or square... you know not regular shapes." I had never heard of an organic shape so I looked it up and the definition is: Organic shapes are shapes with a natural look and a flowing and curving appearance. I guess our smart girl learned this in art class. She is also stretching out words. This is a way kids learn to read. For instance, the teacher would say "mmm-i-lll-k" and then the children say the word the correct way. They do this so children become aware of the individual sounds in speech and learn that words are made up of sounds. It is very cool to watch her learn. Friday Steve and I were off of work so I took Abby to school (she could not wait to be a car rider). I walked her to the front door of the school. She gave me a kiss and off she went down the hall. She looked so big and independent I had a tear in my eye!
Dylan had to have a tooth pulled last week, but he got through it with the help of lots of laughing gas and sedatives. The Saturday prior to that he had a belt test for Tae Kwon Do and he did a great job and passed his test. That is really great considering he did not get to practice while he was visiting us. We asked him if he wanted to continue to go here, but he did not want to do it because he is used to his classes in S.C. Here are a few pictures and if you want to see more check out Traci's blog. Dylan and Blake are about to become big brothers for the last time. Traci will be having her last addition to her family this week (Hampton) and we wish her a quick, healthy delivery!
No comments:
Post a Comment