Sunday, August 17, 2008

August Update

All four kids getting ready to play softball!




I can't believe so much time has passed since my last blog. Things here have been moving right along. The kids are all settled in school. Abby, of course, loves school and comes home each night and wants to play school. She had a great week and was able to choose a toy from the treasure box for good behavior (Unfortunately, I had to take it away because her behavior at home was not good at ALL!). I love picking her up from after school care each day because she is sitting with a group of girls "socializing" with them. It is very cute. Jacob enjoys school and they've been learning all about families and making new friends. Blake has been busy every night with homework. I think kids today just have too much homework... they go to school all day and then work on homework all night. Blake does a great job juggling everything and we know he is going to have a great year.

Yesterday, Blake and I went and bought him new glasses (he needs them for seeing things in the distance). He drove everywhere and is becoming pretty good. Then, we went to Books-A-Million where he had to choose a book for American Literature. He chose "Snow Falling on Cedars" by David Guterson. I bought a copy too and we are going to read it together. It seems like a pretty good book and it will be fun to do this with Blake.

Dylan left on Thursday and the house seems a little more quiet without him. He starts school this week and we are anxious to hear about his first day. It is nice that we live so much closer to him because we get to see him more frequently.

No comments: