Friday, July 18, 2008

Another Week Gone By...


Dylan's Little Burritos!

Abby fixed her own hair.

The princess ready to go bowling.

Dylan wishing he had bumpers!
Jacob bowling better than Dylan :-)
Who is this handsome guy?
The princess about to throw the ball...
Abby jumping into the pool (Dylan calls this "Abby's Amazing Flailing Leg Flop").Practicing her kicks (notice the face)

All done with the Swimming Showcase!

I can't believe how quickly time is going by this summer. Last weekend I took the kids bowling. Abby got all dressed up for the occasion and even fixed her own hair (she took it down before we hit the bowling alley). The first game of bowling was fun, but two games may have been too much to ask Abby & Jacob to do. We did have fun and Dylan convinced me to eat lunch there (which was pretty inexpensive and not too bad). Abby and Jacob had their swimming showcase Wednesday, but Jacob has suddenly decided he will sink if he gets in the pool... so no showcase for Jacob and we've got to get him back in the water. Abby did a fantastic job. The last session of swim lessons she got most improved and this time she was jumping on her own and swimming under water. For the last few summers she has not wanted to get in the water because of her skin and her fear. So, this is a big milestone for her. I am still trying to talk Steve into a pool, but don't think we will do it because this is not our permanent home.

Steve is on his way home from Texas today. We have big plans this weekend. One of Abby & Jacob's friends from school is having a birthday party at Monkey Joe's (lots of blow-up trampolines and slides). Steve and Dylan are going to see Batman and I have to do homework. Next week I have my finals and then a little break just in time for Meemaw, Grandpa and Uncle Dustin's visit next weekend. Blake will be home, too. I am sure he dreads getting back into the reality of school starting in two weeks!

No comments: