Sunday, April 13, 2008

Is it mid-April Already?

Jacob playing in the rain (after eating chocolate egg-free cake)!

I can't believe I have not written since March. We've had a lot going on. Blake went to see his mom for Spring Break. He had a great time visiting up there. While he was gone, Steve and I took Abby and Jacob to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. It rained ALL the way up to Atlanta. Despite the icky weather, we had an awesome time. All Jacob wanted to do was find the sharks. Then, he was very excited when he got to try and "pet" the stingrays. Of course, Abby would have nothing to do with that! Her favorite thing was the giant play area with the slide. We wanted to head over to the Coca-Cola museum when we were done, but we were all too tired. We were going to bring some flowers to my Neenie's grave, but the weather kept us from doing that. We had a wonderful time and look forward to exploring more sights in Atlanta.




Steve and I have been really busy at work because we have a huge inspection this week. I actually had to work yesterday and have to go in today from 2 until 10! I am not looking forward to that, but that is just part of life in the military.

The other night, Steve and I took Abby and Jacob to a pizza place called "My Father's Place." Well, Jacob was so cute. Before we left, he kept saying "I want to go to your father's place." He just couldn't understand it was the name of the restaurant. Steve has been teaching Jacob and Abby to play baseball. Jacob loves it. Everyday when we get home from school the first thing he asks is "Can we play baseball, Daddy?" Of course, Daddy loves taking him out. Abby is a bit like her mama and a little scared of the ball. Once she gets warmed up she is pretty good, too!
Look at his little face... how does he hit the ball with his eyes closed?

Blake is doing very well at school. He is ready to complete his freshman year and move on up to his sophomore year. Steve has been taking him out driving. Blake is very confident... we will leave it at that :-)

No comments: