We had a very nice weekend. Saturday, Abby and I had a Mommy/Daughter shopping day. We went to Stride Rite, Kohls and finished off the day with our weekly grocery shopping. Blake spent the day hanging out with his friends while Daddy and Jacob watched college football.
Sunday, we had the Parker's and the Hughes' over for a cookout. We had the big water slide out and the Parker's brought their rocket ship sprinkler. We had burgers and dogs and our friends brought all of the yummy sides. The kids devoured Nikki's watermelon. I made Meemaw's crescent roll cheesecake and it was a hit, too. Naturally, Kara brought her homemade salsa... always my favorite. We had such a nice time with our great friends... what could be better?
After the kids wore themselves out with the water toys, they decided they should play pirate ship on the Little Tikes slide. Jacob kept screaming "I'm a pirate" and "Get into the shadows." All of the kids were have such a good time playing. Ethan, Nik and Jacob were watching out for a monster and Abby even acted like a one and screamed, "Rooooaaaarrrr!!!" Finally, she said "I don't want to be a monster anymore." It was so cute.
Today we had a nice, quiet day at home. Abby and I tried to bake a cake, but I must have made a mistake on the recipe and ended up making some delicious egg-free cookies. Tonight, as Jacob was coming into the bathroom to brush he teeth, he said to me "Mommy, I have a skateboard and you need one, too." Then, he pointed at me and made a noise as if to grant me a skateboard. It was too cute. Of course, he is still our puppy and now he likes to show me all of his paws (as he shows me his hands and feet). He really is Mr. Imagination and we never know what he will come up with next. We hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment