Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blake is Home!


Blake came home last Monday. Abby and Jacob were SOOOO excited. Blake went with Steve to pick them up from school and Jacob was surprised and Abby screamed "Blakey!" When I got home from work Blake was playing Dora Candyland with Abby. They still have not gotten over having him home and Jacob wonders everyday when we pick him up "where is Blake?" Abby misses Dylan and every now and then will say "Dylan will be home at Christmas."

Steve and I took a few days off to hang out with Blake. The three of us went to see "Click" and Blake and I went to see "World Trade Center." Blake liked "WTC" and we were able to talk about 9/11 and I think he learned a lot. Blake also started his golf lessons last week. The instructor said he did a really good job. Steve has taken him to the driving range a few times so he can practice. His next lesson is this Saturday. He'll now be able to go golfing when Granddaddy Jim and Granola come to visit. Steve is really looking forward to having a new golf partner!

Blake started school Monday. He is in a Peer Leadership program which is a mentoring program that he had to apply for and he mentors younger students in his school and the elementary school. He really wanted to do this and we know he will enjoy it. Today is the second day of school and Blake is exhausted. It will take him a while to get used to school again. It is hard to believe he is in the 8th grade. He has been doing some babysitting for us and making a little money (he got his first pre-pay debit card in the mail yesterday). The other night Steve and I had a work function to go to and Blake stayed home with the kiddos. He did a really good job and even ordered pizza. We are signing him up for babysitting classes this fall. He really doesn't need the class, but I want to get him certified in child CPR. He has had CPR classes, but I want him to be 100% confident!

Other than that, not too much is going on. Steve just finished up his summer semester classes and we both begin fall classes next week. Abby and Jacob are doing well. Abby's eczema has really been acting up. We are going to take her to the doctor and see if there are any other options we have not explored. Jacob is talking up a storm and he is such a hoot! We enjoy the kids so much. Dylan is doing well at his new school in S.C. He has been busy building a model home. We miss him very much.

Sorry this is so long... I will try to be better about updating this!

No comments: