Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I have had such a great day. Abby was so excited for it to be Mother's Day. Yesterday, she and Steve went shopping so she could pick something out for me (Jacob and I went to a birthday party). All evening she kept telling me that she would not tell me what she got me for Mother's Day, but it was in a box she picked out for me. First thing this morning she ran up to me and told me "Mommy, your presents are in Daddy's dresser. I got you the candle and Daddy got you all the other stuff." She was so cute and so excited. Once I opened all my presents she wanted to know when was Sister Day and what presents would she get. The best gift of all was the card from the kids that she signed both hers and Jacob's name as well as wrote "Mommy" on the front of the envelope! She is getting SO big.

We went to lunch at McAlister's (one of my favorite places) and came home to do some unpacking. Afterwards, the four of us went outside so the kids could play and ride their bikes. We've been on several walks today and really enjoyed the sidewalks in our new neighborhood. After our playtime, Abby and I made graham cracker sandwich cookies (just like my mom used to make me) for a snack!

I have really enjoyed this Mother's Day. I could not ask for two more special children. My day was topped off by Blake and Dylan calling me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day! They are such sweet boys and I am lucky to have them in my life, too! Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

No comments: