Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Looooooong Week

Monday night I had a terrible pain in my left side... long story short, I ended up having to have emergency surgery Tuesday afternoon (I won't bore you with the surgical details). I feel a lot better now, but it was a rough week. Poor Steve and Blake had to manage the household alone, not to mention cater to a "broken" Mommy. Steve brought Abby and Jacob up to see me at the hospital Wednesday and it was great to see them. Abby was a little nervous at first because she knew the doctor had cut Mommy. She thought it was neat to see the heplock and she even touched it. She also liked the adjustable bed. They got bored with me pretty quick and Steve took them home. My friends, family and co-workers were wonderful and spoiled me with flowers, cards, phone calls and visits. I was released on Thursday with orders not to drive for two weeks, pick up the kids for a month, and go back to work for six weeks. Wow, I really don't know what I will do while I am recovering.

Since I have been home everyone has been great. Abby and Jacob's skin has cleared up (thanks to some strong medicine), so they have been angels. I swear they grew while I was gone. Blake has made me dinner several times, cleaned the house and kept up with the little ones. Steve made a delicious dinner of chicken, fried potatoes and salad and has been Mr. Mom. I am supposed to take it easy, but today I cleaned the kitchen because I just could not stand sitting any longer. Of course, the simplest of tasks makes me tired.

Blake's last basketball game is tomorrow. Dylan sent Jacob a remote controlled car for his birthday and he loves it. He spent hours over the weekend chasing it around the house. Abby has been my little helper. She helps me get in and out of my chair or the bed. She also brings me drinks, Kleenexes or whatever else I need.

With all this spare time I will try not to post too many blogs. Take care everyone.

No comments: