Monday, July 10, 2006

Learning to read


Our Abby is becoming such a big girl. I was wearing an Old Navy t-shirt the other day and she saw the "a" and the "y" and said "That says Abby." So, I showed her each letter and what it said. By the end of the day, she was identifying the magnet letters on the fridge and on magazines. She makes a few mistakes, but it is amazing. She thinks an "S" is a "5" and tells me I am wrong when I correct her. So smart!!!!

Jacob is our wild and crazy little man. We put Blake's mattress in the playroom because Jacob's been having problems sleeping through the night, so he's been sleeping out there with Dad. Now he does flips on the mattress everyday. Sometimes he forgets he isn't on the mattress and does the flips on the floor, cracking his head in the process. We also moved him into Dylan's room, so now he and Abby have their own rooms. He was so excited about his new room that he brought every toy he owns (and some of Sissy's) into his new room. He nearly cleared out the playroom. He has been spending lots of time exploring his new digs.

No comments: